Fillet of Beef with Red Wine Jus
Our fabulous and very generously proportioned Fillet Steaks, from truly the very best grass fed prime British beef, are the perfect decadent centrepiece of your celebration dinner. The Chateaubriand is perfect to be shared between two people, while the larger cuts are ideal for four or six; due to the size, for the six-person fillet, the beef will be delivered in 2 parts, ready to cook.
The fillet is accompanied by our rich and delicious home made red wine jus.
This product contains Milk (in the fillet of beef) and the Red Wine Jus, packaged separately, contains Sulphites, Wheat, Soy, Gluten, Barley.
As in all kitchens, we use a wide variety of ingredients; we cannot 100% guarantee that there are no traces of other allergens.
Fully defrost for 24-48 hours in the fridge prior to cooking. The beef must be fully defrosted before cooking or additional cooking time may be required.
Oven cook only:
- Preheat oven to 200°C, fan on.
- Remove beef from the packaging (but keeping the cooking string on) and place on a roasting tray. Ensure the butter is also removed and covering the beef.
- For medium rare: place the tray in the centre of oven and cook for 14 minutes. Rotate (roll over) the meat, so the bottom is now at the top, and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- For medium: add another 4 minutes to the cooking time.
You may wish to baste the butter over the beef throughout the cooking process.
Once cooked, rest for approximately 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the string, carve into slices and serve.
We recommend keeping an eye on the beef throughout the cooking process but keep the oven closed (unless basting) to maintain the level of heat inside.
Cooking times may vary depending on your appliance. Additional cooking time may be required if there are more dishes cooking in the oven at the same time.
The Red Wine Jus can be heated either in the microwave on on the hob, from frozen:
- MICROWAVE: Pierce the film and heat in the microwave (800W) at full power for 2 minutes or till sauce boils.
- HOB: Decant sauce into a small or medium sized pot and cook on a medium hob/stove setting till the sauce begins to boil lightly then remove immediately from heat. Stir throughout.
- Cooking times may vary: ensure the Jus is piping hot before serving.
Beef: Fillet of Grass Fed Aged British Beef (96%), Butter [MILK], Thyme, Bay Leaf
Red Wine Jus: Water, Red Wine [Sulphites], Port [Sulphites], Shallots, Mushrooms, Gravy Granules [Wheat, Barley, Soybeans], Garlic, Bay Leaf
“We believe in sourcing from the natural areas of outstanding beauty that the pastures of the British Isles afford. Our sustainable grass fed beef is selected only from British beef-suckler herds to a specific classification which helps to place our beef in the top 1% of beef in the world. It's aged for a minimum of 21 days in our butchers' ageing rooms, giving it a distinctive depth of flavour and tenderness.
We slow poach the fillet in a seasoned herb butter with a little garlic to add some additional flavour to compliment the beef, which keeps it gloriously tender while simultaneously making the cooking process at home delightfully easy for you!
For the jus, we make a rich bone broth out of beef bones and cook for 12 hours together with beef trimmings, red wine and port, garlic, shallots, thyme and bay leaves and reduce until the sauce becomes a wonderfully flavoursome, rich, meaty gravy.
|Per 100g||per serving|
|of which Saturates||9.7g||25g|
|of which Sugars||0g||0g|
|Delivery Type (Min. order £40)||Value up to £85||Over £85|
|Standard Delivery (Tuesday to Friday)||£6.99||Free!|
|Standard Delivery before 12pm (Tuesday to Friday)||£11.95||£5.95|
|Saturday Delivery (all day)||£12.50||£8.95|
Christmas Delivery Dates 2021
The last day for delivery in December 2021 will be the 23rd of December and delivery slots will be limited. All the food is delivered frozen, so it can be delivered in the weeks leading up to Christmas and kept in the freezer till it’s time to cook (NB – the large cuts of Christmas meat will require defrosting before cooking).
The next available date for delivery after December will be the 6th of January 2022.
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Tuesdays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Mondays or Sundays at the moment.
- You can also choose a delivery date up to 8 weeks in advance.
- All our food parcels are dispatched on a next day service to ensure your food arrives in optimal condition.
- Currently we deliver to mainland UK including England, Scotland and Wales. Please note, we do not currently deliver to the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and all the UK Islands, as our courier is unable to offer a next day service to these destinations. If you’re not sure if we can deliver to you, do email us at email@example.com.
- For all orders which include food, DPD cannot arrange for redelivery of a package. If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered (or left at a suitable location), your order may be cancelled without refund.
DPD will contact you with tracking details and your delivery time slot, as well as giving you the opportunity to give additional delivery instructions, such as where to leave the parcel if you won't be in.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page
We’re no strangers to creating fabulous food! Although Noble House Prepared is a new exciting venture, delivering divine and super fresh restaurant quality food directly into the home, the team has been working in the fine food industry for over a decade.