Monte Faustino Valpolicella Ripasso Classico 'La Traversagna', Veneto, Italy
Produced from the three Valpolicella grape varieties of Corvina Veronese, Rondinella and Molinara. Ripasso is made by the addition of pomace of leftover grape skins and seeds from the fermentation of Amarone to a batch of Valpolicella wines for a period of extended maceration. The wine spends 10 days on the Amarone skins before 18 months in oak barrels. This adds body and complexity to the wine - a 'baby Amarone'.
A sweet cherry nose leads to a soft and supple palate with notes of woodland, sweet black fruits and a touch of leather maturity on the finish.
Minimum order, three bottles of wine or spirits; choose any three!
- Award Winning: Decanter World Wine Awards -Bronze
- Bio: No
- Grape Varieties: Corvina,Rondinella, Molinara
- Size of Bottle: 750ml
Monte Faustino is owned by the Fornaser family who can trace their winemaking roots back to the early 1900's. The family boast a modern winery in which they combine their years of traditional winemaking with modern equipment to create wines of the highest quality. The winery is situated in Bure Alto at the foot of the Monte Faustino which gives its name to their oldest vineyard. The Fornaser family own 7.5 hectares which is divided into three vineyards; Monte Faustino which sits at an altitude of 250m, Traversagna which is next door to Monte Faustino and Costalunga which is in the municipal district of Sant'Ambrogio at an altitude of 350m with clay and gravel soils.
The Veneto is a wide and temperate agricultural region stretching from Venice to Verona and north to the Alpine foothills. In the west around Lake Garda, are the important generic wines - Valpolicella, Soave and Bardolino. Much of Italy's commercial Pinot Grigio and Merlot is grown further east, but the Glera grape makes the region's distinctly fashionable sparkling wine, Prosecco. However the recent popularity of Amarone and Ripasso has really re-established this region as one of Italy best wine growing areas and quality is out of all recognition from the light carafe wines of the early 80's.
|Delivery Type (Min. order £40)||Value up to £85||Over £85|
|Standard Delivery (Tuesday to Friday)||£6.99||Free!|
|Standard Delivery before 12pm (Tuesday to Friday)||£11.95||£5.95|
|Saturday Delivery (all day)||£12.50||£8.95|
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Tuesdays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Mondays or Sundays at the moment.
- You can also choose a delivery date up to 8 weeks in advance.
- All our food parcels are dispatched on a next day service to ensure your food arrives in optimal condition.
- Currently we deliver to mainland UK including England, Scotland and Wales. Please note, we do not currently deliver to the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and all the UK Islands, as our courier is unable to offer a next day service to these destinations. If you’re not sure if we can deliver to you, do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For all orders which include food, DPD cannot arrange for redelivery of a package. If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered (or left at a suitable location), your order may be cancelled without refund.
DPD will contact you with tracking details and your delivery time slot, as well as giving you the opportunity to give additional delivery instructions, such as where to leave the parcel if you won't be in.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page
We’re no strangers to creating fabulous food! Although Noble House Prepared is a new exciting venture, delivering divine and super fresh restaurant quality food directly into the home, the team has been working in the fine food industry for over a decade.