Crispy Roast Pork Belly with Apple Sauce and Red Wine Jus
Our pork belly is from the very finest premium pork- Jimmy Butler's Blythburgh Farm's Outdoor Reared Pork. We carefully prepare the pork belly; it is confit'd, slow cooked and pressed, ready to roast.
At Jimmy's farm, a family business who are as passionate about welfare as we are, gilt pigs to one fat level specification are chosen to ensure perfect consistency; Gilt pigs have a delicious intramuscular fat, giving a lovely flavour. The terrain of Suffolk with its sandy soil and sea salt breeze gives these free range pigs a happy, stress free life.
This delicious pork belly is accompanied by our rich and delicious home made red wine jus and our hand made apple sauce.
The pork belly in this product contains no allergens. The Sauces are packages separately. The apple sauce contains Sulphites. The Red Wine Jus contains Gluten, Wheat, Barley, Soybeans and Sulphites.
As in all kitchens, we use a wide variety of ingredients; we cannot 100% guarantee that there are no traces of other allergens.
Fully defrost for 24-48 hours in the fridge prior to cooking. The pork belly must be fully defrosted before cooking or additional cooking time may be required.
Oven cook only:
- OVEN: Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven).
- Can be cooked in original container (remove film before cooking) but for best results place the pork on a baking tray lined with baking paper in the centre of the oven.
- Cook for 25-35 minutes or until the pork is heated through and the skin has become crispy.
- This time will vary depending on the power of your appliance.
- We recommend keeping an eye on the pork throughout the cooking process but keep the oven closed to maintain the level of heat inside.
- If you would like the skin to become extra crispy, you can finish it under the grill for a few minutes at the end of cooking.
Cooking times may vary depending on your appliance. Additional cooking time may be required if there are more dishes cooking in the oven at the same time.
The Red Wine Jus can be heated either in the microwave on on the hob, from frozen:
- MICROWAVE: Pierce the film and heat in the microwave (800W) at full power for 2 minutes or till sauce boils.
- HOB: Decant sauce into a small or medium sized pot and cook on a medium hob/stove setting till the sauce begins to boil lightly then remove immediately from heat. Stir throughout.
- Cooking times may vary: ensure the Jus is piping hot before serving.
Apple Sauce: Allow to defrost for 1 hour at room temperature or for 4 hours in the fridge.
Pork Belly: Outdoor Reared Pork Belly, Salt
Apple Sauce: Apples, Sugar, Apple Cider Vinegar (Apple Cider Vinegar, Antioxidant, Sulphur Dioxide)
Red Wine Jus: Water, Red Wine [Sulphites], Port [Sulphites], Shallots, Mushrooms, Gravy Granules [Wheat, Barley, Soybeans], Garlic, Bay Leaf
“We start by using the best quality pork belly, which we salt for 12hrs before washing off. Then we pat them dry and confit them in pork fat for 12 hours until tender; we then press the pork belly, pushing out any excess fat between the layers of meat and giving a perfect flat pork skin top, ready to crisp up. It takes time, but the result is definitely worth it!"
|Pork Belly||Per 100g||per serving|
|of which Saturates||7.4g||18g|
|of which Sugars||0g||0g|
|Apple Sauce||Per 100g||per half pot|
|of which Saturates||0g||0g|
|of which Sugars||24g||15g|
|Red Wine Jus||Per 100g||per half pot|
|of which Saturates||0.3g||0.1g|
|of which Sugars||2.4g||1.2g|
|Delivery Type (Min. order £40)||Value up to £85||Over £85|
|Standard Delivery (Tuesday to Friday)||£6.99||Free!|
|Standard Delivery before 12pm (Tuesday to Friday)||£11.95||£5.95|
|Saturday Delivery (all day)||£12.50||£8.95|
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Tuesdays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Mondays or Sundays at the moment.
- You can also choose a delivery date up to 8 weeks in advance.
- All our food parcels are dispatched on a next day service to ensure your food arrives in optimal condition.
- Currently we deliver to mainland UK including England, Scotland and Wales. Please note, we do not currently deliver to the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and all the UK Islands, as our courier is unable to offer a next day service to these destinations. If you’re not sure if we can deliver to you, do email us at email@example.com.
- For all orders which include food, DPD cannot arrange for redelivery of a package. If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered (or left at a suitable location), your order may be cancelled without refund.
DPD will contact you with tracking details and your delivery time slot, as well as giving you the opportunity to give additional delivery instructions, such as where to leave the parcel if you won't be in.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page
We’re no strangers to creating fabulous food! Although Noble House Prepared is a new exciting venture, delivering divine and super fresh restaurant quality food directly into the home, the team has been working in the fine food industry for over a decade.