Apassimento Edizione Oro, Casa Vinicola Botter, Veneto, Italy 2017
Late harvested, super ripe grapes are selected for the Appassimento, a rich and raisiny dry red that is not unlike a ripasso Valpolicella in style. Intense purple in colour, it is full and persistent on the nose giving notes of spice, chocolate and vanilla.
The full bodied palate has heady notes of black fruits, spice and chocolate with a perfect balance between soft tannins and acidity which all lead into a long and fruit forward finish.
- Award Winning: No
- Bio: Vegetarian and Vegan
- Grape Varieties: Merlot, Primitivo, Negroamaro
- Size of Bottle: 750ml
The company was born as a retailer in 1928 in the Veneto region for sales of wines in casks and demi-johns to restaurants and small retailers. In the fifties the family expanded their horizons to selling wines across Central Europe and beyond. Throughout all this expansion, the Botter family retained control and the company is now run by the third generation and from their roots in Veneto they now have a portfolio of wines produced in some of Italy’s finest regions.
The Veneto is a wide and temperate agricultural region stretching from Venice to Verona and north to the Alpine foothills. In the west around Lake Garda, are the important generic wines - Valpolicella, Soave and Bardolino. Much of Italy's commercial Pinot Grigio and Merlot is grown further east, but the Glera grape makes the region's distinctly fashionable sparkling wine, Prosecco. However the recent popularity of Amarone and Ripasso has really re-established this region as one of Italy best wine growing areas and quality is out of all recognition from the light carafe wines of the early 80's.
|Delivery Type (No Minimum order)||Value up to £75||Over £75|
First Class Post 1-3 days with Royal Mail, delivering Monday to Saturday (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri)
UPS tracked 1-2 days Next Business Day, delivering Tuesday to Friday (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri, UK Mainland only)
UPS tracked Next Business Day Before 12pm (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri, UK Mainland only)
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Mondays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Sundays at the moment.
- All orders placed before 1pm will be dispatched the same day on your chosen service.
- Using our First Class Royal Mail service, we deliver to the whole of the UK including the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and all the UK Islands. Our expedited UPS service is only available throughout mainland UK. If you’re not sure if we can deliver to you, do email us at email@example.com.
- If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered, your order may be cancelled without refund.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page