Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc, Wairau River, New Zealand
Widely regarded as the quintessential expression of the acclaimed Marlborough wine region, Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc is an international benchmark wine noted for its vibrant aromatics, layers of pure fruit flavours and fine structure.
An expressive nose of citrus, stone fruits and herbs lead into a fantastic, fresh palate of lime, grapefruit, nectarine and fennel with a distinctive flinty minerality. A crisp citrus acidity retains the freshness on the palate and finishes with incredible length with lingering notes of minerals, peach and lime.
This wine is impressively fresh and intense, truly refreshing.
- Award Winning: No
- Bio: No
- Grape Varieties: Sauvignon Blanc 100%
- Size of Bottle: 750ml
White, Pale Gold
Cloudy Bay Vineyards was established in 1985 by Cape Mentelle Vineyards in Western Australia, and is today part of Estates & Wines, The Moët Hennessy Wine Division. Innovation, meticulous attention to detail and regional expression are the guiding principles of Cloudy Bay. The Cloudy Bay team is committed to producing ‘wines of region’ and strives to enhance the pure, bracing flavours and stunning vibrancy, naturally afforded by the climate and soils of Marlborough. The winery is named after the bay at the eastern extreme of the Wairau Valley, named so by Captain Cook on his voyage to New Zealand in 1770.The winery and vineyards are situated in the Wairau Valley in Marlborough at the northern end of New Zealand`s South Island. This unique and cool wine region enjoys a maritime climate with the longest hours of sunshine of any place in New Zealand. Cloudy Bay has 250 hectares over four estate vineyards, and long-term supply agreements with nine Wairau Valley growers. The main varieties grown are sauvignon blanc, chardonnay and pinot noir with lesser quantities of gewurztraminer, riesling, and pinot gris.
The northern tip of South Island has become New Zealand's most important wine region since sheep farming and cherry orchards were first replaced with vineyard in the 1970s. Much of the land is alluvial river basin with well-drained soils that provide an ideal environment for pungent, grassy Sauvignon Blanc. Pinot Noir from the more suitable clay slopes and Pinot Gris are also proving world-beaters.
|Delivery Type (No Minimum order)||Value up to £75||Over £75|
First Class Post 1-3 days with Royal Mail, delivering Monday to Saturday (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri)
UPS tracked 1-2 days Next Business Day, delivering Tuesday to Friday (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri, UK Mainland only)
UPS tracked Next Business Day Before 12pm (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri, UK Mainland only)
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Mondays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Sundays at the moment.
- All orders placed before 1pm will be dispatched the same day on your chosen service.
- Using our First Class Royal Mail service, we deliver to the whole of the UK including the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and all the UK Islands. Our expedited UPS service is only available throughout mainland UK. If you’re not sure if we can deliver to you, do email us at email@example.com.
- If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered, your order may be cancelled without refund.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page