Valserrano Crianza Rioja, Alavesa Bodegas de la Marquesa, DOC Rioja, Spain 2016
Valserrano is gaining a reputation amongst Rioja’s best, receiving high score from renowned wine critics. A well structured red with ripe black fruit flavours and hint of oak. Well balanced and good length.
The vineyards and winery are situated in Alava Villabuena, Rioja Alavesa. This family winery has been producing wine since 1880; they only use fruit only from their own vineyards and have rigorous standards in the cellars in order to create wines with elegance and pungency combined with the soft spicy allure that only well made Tempranillo can offer.
Received 91 Pts from Robert Parker's Wine Advocate & Tim Atkin. "Bodegas de la Marquesa is often described as a traditional producer, but its wines are not old-fashioned in the least. This smooth, floral, textured Crianza combines Tempranillo with 5% Mazuelo, aged in French and American wood, and has fresh red berry fruit and notes of forest floor and fresh tobacco." - 91 pts Tim Atken MW October 2019
Minimum order, three bottles of wine or spirits; choose any three!
- Award Winning: 90+ Points Wine
- Bio: Vegetarian and Vegan
- Grape Varieties: Tempranillo, Mazuelo
- Size of Bottle: 750ml
Valserrano is a long established family Bodega that lies in the best part of the region, on the limestone ridges of the Alavesa area in the Rioja Alta near Haro. It is based on the same principal as a good French Château which is to use fruit only from their own vineyards, set rigorous standards in the cellars and, following fermentation in stainless steel, they age the wine in oak part of which is renewed each year. The wines have elegance and pungency combined with the soft spicy allure that only well made Tempranillo can offer. They are very good indeed and have received really high score from renowned wine critics.
Valserrano estate lies on 65 hectares of vineyards that belong to the family. The domaine is planted with 80% of Tempranillo, the basis of any good Rioja wine and Mazuelo, Garnacha, Graciano and Viura. The family recently planted a vineyard with Maturana red and another with Chardonnay to see how these minority varieties perform in the Rioja Alavesa. Once fermented, their wine mature in underground natural cellars over 200 years old. All their cuvées have received great revue and usually receive over 90 points from world renown wine critics including Stephen Tanzer and Robert Parker. All their cuvée are under the Rioja DO.
|Delivery Type (Min. order £40)||Value up to £85||Over £85|
|Standard Delivery (Tuesday to Friday)||£6.99||Free!|
|Standard Delivery before 12pm (Tuesday to Friday)||£11.95||£5.95|
|Saturday Delivery (all day)||£12.50||£8.95|
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Tuesdays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Mondays or Sundays at the moment.
- You can also choose a delivery date up to 8 weeks in advance.
- All our food parcels are dispatched on a next day service to ensure your food arrives in optimal condition.
- Currently we deliver to mainland UK including England, Scotland and Wales. Please note, we do not currently deliver to the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and all the UK Islands, as our courier is unable to offer a next day service to these destinations. If you’re not sure if we can deliver to you, do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For all orders which include food, DPD cannot arrange for redelivery of a package. If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered (or left at a suitable location), your order may be cancelled without refund.
DPD will contact you with tracking details and your delivery time slot, as well as giving you the opportunity to give additional delivery instructions, such as where to leave the parcel if you won't be in.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page
We’re no strangers to creating fabulous food! Although Noble House Prepared is a new exciting venture, delivering divine and super fresh restaurant quality food directly into the home, the team has been working in the fine food industry for over a decade.