Fillet of Beef with a Red Wine Jus
Our fabulous and very generously proportioned Fillet Steaks, from truly the very best grass fed prime British beef, are the perfect decadent centrepiece of your celebration dinner. The Chateaubriand is perfect to be shared between two people, while the larger cuts are ideal for four or six; due to the size, for the six-person fillet, the beef will be delivered in 2 parts, ready to cook.
The fillet is accompanied by our rich and delicious home made red wine jus.
The images show serving suggestions, with the beautiful fillet accompanied by a range of our Christmas side dishes.
This product contains Milk.
As in all kitchens, we use a wide variety of ingredients; we cannot 100% guarantee that there are no traces of other allergens.
Defrost for 24 hours in the fridge prior to cooking. The beef must be fully defrosted before cooking or additional cooking time may be required.
Oven cook only:
- Preheat oven to 200°C, fan on.
- Remove beef from the packaging (but keeping the cooking string on) and place on a roasting tray. Ensure the butter is also removed and covering the beef.
- For medium rare: place the tray in the centre of oven and cook for 14 minutes. Rotate (roll over) the meat, so the bottom is now at the top, and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- For medium: add another 4 minutes to the cooking time.
You may wish to baste the butter over the beef throughout the cooking process.
Once cooked, rest for approximately 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the string, carve into slices and serve.
We recommend keeping an eye on the beef throughout the cooking process but keep the oven closed (unless basting) to maintain the level of heat inside.
Cooking times may vary depending on your appliance. Additional cooking time may be required if there are more dishes cooking in the oven at the same time.
“We believe in sourcing from the natural areas of outstanding beauty that the pastures of the British Isles afford. Our sustainable grass fed beef is selected only from British beef-suckler herds to a specific classification which helps to place our beef in the top 1% of beef in the world. It's aged for a minimum of 21 days in our butchers' ageing rooms, giving it a distinctive depth of flavour and tenderness.
We slow poach the fillet in a seasoned herb butter with a little garlic to add some additional flavour to compliment the beef, which keeps it gloriously tender while simultaneously making the cooking process at home delightfully easy for you!
For the jus, we make a rich bone broth out of beef bones and cook for 12 hours together with beef trimmings, red wine and port, garlic, shallots, thyme and bay leaves and reduce until the sauce becomes a wonderfully flavoursome, rich, meaty gravy.
|Per 100g||per serving|
|of which Saturates||9.7g||25g|
|of which Sugars||0g||0g|
|Delivery Type (Min. order £40)||Value up to £85||Over £85|
|Standard Delivery (Tuesday to Friday)||£6.99||Free!|
|Standard Delivery before 12pm (Tuesday to Friday)||£11.95||£5.95|
|Saturday Delivery (all day)||£12.50||£8.95|
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Tuesdays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Mondays or Sundays at the moment.
- You can also choose a delivery date up to 8 weeks in advance.
- All our food parcels are dispatched on a next day service to ensure your food arrives in optimal condition.
- For all orders which include food, DPD cannot arrange for redelivery of a package. If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered (or left at a suitable location), your order may be cancelled without refund.
- DPD will contact you with tracking details and your delivery time slot, as well as giving you the opportunity to give additional delivery instructions, such as where to leave the parcel if you won't be in.
Due to the specialist nature of our packaging and our necessity to deliver next day, we must include a delivery fee. We’ve tried to make this as fair as possible and keep costs to a minimum so we can pass on those savings to you.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page
We’re no strangers to creating fabulous food! Although Noble House Prepared is a new exciting venture, delivering divine and super fresh restaurant quality food directly into the home, the team has been working in the fine food industry for over a decade.