G.H. Mumm Cordon Rouge Brut NV, Champagne, France
At G.H. Mumm, the NV cuvée is composed of around 85% of wine from the year’s harvest blended with 15% of mature reserve wines from past vintages, some from richer, warmer years, some from leaner, cooler years. The great skill of the cellar master Didier Mariotti is to keep the taste consistent over the years using his vast experience and palette of reserve wines.
The blend comprises 45% Pinot Noir, 25% Pinot Meunier and 30% Chardonnay. Clean and subtle on the nose. Rich fleshy fruits in the mouth with toasted nuts and subtle yeasty overtones. Fresh, elegant and balanced with a long, creamy finish.
Minimum order, three bottles of wine or spirits; choose any three!
- Award Winning: No
- Bio: Organic
- Grape Varieties: Pinot Meunier
- Size of Bottle: 750ml
The Mumm brothers, Jacobus, Gottlieb and Philipp, who were from a rich family of German wine merchants and who also owned vineyards in the Rhine valley, arrived in Reims in 1827. Along with their business partner Friedrich Giesler, they set up P.A. Mumm et Cie., the initials standing for the forenames of their father, Peter Arnold Mumm. Georges Hermann Mumm, a descendant of the founders, took over the company in 1853. It became and has remained to this day G.H. MUMM et Cie. Mumm quickly established its reputation thanks to its style and quality.
The emblem of Mumm is the famous Cordon Rouge; introduced in 1875, the Mumm emblem echoes the red ribbon of the Légion d'Honneur. In 1882, Mumm began to build up its own vineyard estates to ensure a constant supply of the best grapes from the best soils. The first purchases were of sixty hectares (148 acres) in the Côte des Blancs, the commune of Cramant and at Avize. Mumm then installed seven traditional wooden wine presses in their vineyards. They are still in use today to ensure the continued quality of production. As early as 1890, Mumm was enjoyed in all the royal courts of Europe. The courts of Austria-Hungary, Belgium, the Netherlands, Prussia, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and England, not to mention the Grand Dukes of Oldenburg and Hesse-Darmstadt, all appear in the Mumm accounts books of the 1890s.
|Delivery Type (Min. order £40)||Value up to £85||Over £85|
|Standard Delivery (Tuesday to Friday)||£6.99||Free!|
|Standard Delivery before 12pm (Tuesday to Friday)||£11.95||£5.95|
|Saturday Delivery (all day)||£12.50||£8.95|
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Tuesdays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Mondays or Sundays at the moment.
- You can also choose a delivery date up to 8 weeks in advance.
- All our food parcels are dispatched on a next day service to ensure your food arrives in optimal condition.
- Currently we deliver to mainland UK including England, Scotland and Wales. Please note, we do not currently deliver to the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and all the UK Islands, as our courier is unable to offer a next day service to these destinations. If you’re not sure if we can deliver to you, do email us at email@example.com.
- For all orders which include food, DPD cannot arrange for redelivery of a package. If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered (or left at a suitable location), your order may be cancelled without refund.
DPD will contact you with tracking details and your delivery time slot, as well as giving you the opportunity to give additional delivery instructions, such as where to leave the parcel if you won't be in.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page
We’re no strangers to creating fabulous food! Although Noble House Prepared is a new exciting venture, delivering divine and super fresh restaurant quality food directly into the home, the team has been working in the fine food industry for over a decade.