Piquepoul Rosé, Les Vignobles Foncalieu, Languedoc, France
Timeless, innovative, surprising... all words that aptly describe 'Les Extraordinaires' range. With these unusual wines, Les Vignobles Foncalieu are affirming their expertise and ability to innovate by precisely carving out these extraordinary jewels. Les Vignobles Foncalieu are updating a forgotten variety: Piquepoul noir, the brother of Piquepoul blanc. Its unusual name evokes the way in which hens (or 'poules' in French) would peck ('piquer') at the grapes scattered on the ground.
A pale pink in colour, this Piquepoul rose has a delicate nose of cherry blossom, strawberries and peaches. The palate is wonderfully fresh with summer berry flavours and notes of crushed rose petals. The fruity notes are balanced perfectly with a lively, citrus acidity leaving the palate refreshed.
Minimum order, three bottles of wine or spirits; choose any three!
- Award Winning: No
- Bio: No
- Grape Varieties: Piqupoul (100%)
- Size of Bottle: 750ml
Established in 1967 by Maurice Grignon, the family winemaking and trading company originally specialised in the production and sale of wine-making materials. Then in 1992, the company was sold and became an Association of Cooperatives and started producing wines from Languedoc- Roussillon.In 1996, the company made significant investments into modern equipment, improved storage and now specialises in the production of high quality wines. The name Foncalieu is made up of letters of villages in the region of l'Aude - Fonties de Aude, Capendu - Alzonne - Montolieu.
The Languedoc is a vast region stretching across much of the south and Mediterranean and is France's single largest vineyard entity for its Vins de Pays wines. Within the Languedoc lie several distinctly identified Vins de Pays (including the l'Aude, Gard and Hérault) and many generic appellations that maintain traditional local blends and wine styles such as Minervois, Corbières, Pic Saint Loup and Fitou.
|Delivery Type (Min. order £40)||Value up to £85||Over £85|
|Standard Delivery (Tuesday to Friday)||£6.99||Free!|
|Standard Delivery before 12pm (Tuesday to Friday)||£11.95||£5.95|
|Saturday Delivery (all day)||£12.50||£8.95|
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Tuesdays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Mondays or Sundays at the moment.
- You can also choose a delivery date up to 8 weeks in advance.
- All our food parcels are dispatched on a next day service to ensure your food arrives in optimal condition.
- Currently we deliver to mainland UK including England, Scotland and Wales. Please note, we do not currently deliver to the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and all the UK Islands, as our courier is unable to offer a next day service to these destinations. If you’re not sure if we can deliver to you, do email us at email@example.com.
- For all orders which include food, DPD cannot arrange for redelivery of a package. If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered (or left at a suitable location), your order may be cancelled without refund.
DPD will contact you with tracking details and your delivery time slot, as well as giving you the opportunity to give additional delivery instructions, such as where to leave the parcel if you won't be in.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page
We’re no strangers to creating fabulous food! Although Noble House Prepared is a new exciting venture, delivering divine and super fresh restaurant quality food directly into the home, the team has been working in the fine food industry for over a decade.