Rabbit Hole Pinot Noir, Simpsons Wine Estate, Kent, England 2019
Rabbit Hole Pinot Noir is a single vineyard red produced from Burgundian Pinot Noir clones - ideally suited for still wine production - grown in the chalky soils of Simpsons Wine Estate's Kent vineyard.
Aged for four months in top quality French oak barrels to preserve the wonderful fruit purity, this fantastic wine is a deep, vibrant crimson colour, with aromas of redcurrants, blueberries, exotic spices and fresh coffee, bursting with black fruits in the mouth; beautifully silky, ripe and weighty.
- Award Winning: No
- Bio: No
- Grape Varieties: Pinot Noir
- Size of Bottle: 750ml
Simpsons Wine Estate owners Charles & Ruth Simpson have been making award-winning wines at Domaine Sainte Rose, their stunning, southern French property, for the past 17 years. Combining Old World terroir with New World techniques in the vineyard and winery, they produce an eclectic range of award-winning wines, which have won international acclaim and are sold around the world.
In 2014, they bought their expertise and savoir-faire back to the UK, establishing Simpsons Wine Estate in Barham, Kent, with an aspiration to create the finest quality Traditional Method English sparkling wine. Simpsons Wine Estate now has 30 hectares of vineyard, planted with the grape varieties, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier. The vineyards occupy glorious positions on the sunny, sheltered slopes of the North Downs, protected from the whimsy of the English climate by ancient woodlands and anchored in the iconic, free-draining, chalky soils, so revered in the world of sparkling wine.
In 2016 a state-of-the-art winery was created in Barham in preparation for their first harvest and a modern tasting room was completed during 2017, complete with a helter skelter slide. From 2018, Simpson's estate has also begun to produce a range of still wines from Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier. Crucially, these are produced from Burgundian clones, specifically intended for still wine production. This gives their still wines a ripeness and complexity often lacking in those made by other English producers, whose wines are made from clones better suited to sparkling wine.
|Delivery Type (No Minimum order)||Value up to £75||Over £75|
First Class Post 1-3 days with Royal Mail, delivering Monday to Saturday (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri)
UPS tracked 1-2 days Next Business Day, delivering Tuesday to Friday (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri, UK Mainland only)
UPS tracked Next Business Day Before 12pm (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri, UK Mainland only)
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Mondays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Sundays at the moment.
- All orders placed before 1pm will be dispatched the same day on your chosen service.
- Using our First Class Royal Mail service, we deliver to the whole of the UK including the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and all the UK Islands. Our expedited UPS service is only available throughout mainland UK. If you’re not sure if we can deliver to you, do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered, your order may be cancelled without refund.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page