Salice Salentino Riserva Il Tauro, Puglia, Italy 2017
Salice is a soft yet full-flavoured red from southern Puglia. It is perhaps the best-known appellation of the region for its inviting fruit character, blending local varieties Negroamaro and Malvasia Nera.
Its distinctive plum and chocolate character has an attractive underlying leather and mineral flavours. Full bodied and velvety in the mouth, chewy tannins and subtle bitterness create a long and lasting finish.
- Award Winning: No
- Bio: No
- Grape Varieties: Negroamaro, Malvasia Nera di Brindisi, Malvesia Neera di Lecce
- Size of Bottle: 750ml
The company was born as a retailer in 1928 in the Veneto region for sales of wines in casks and demi-johns to restaurants and small retailers. In the fifties the family expanded their horizons to selling wines across Central Europe and beyond. Throughout all this expansion, the Botter family retained control and the company is now run by the third generation and from their roots in Veneto they now have a portfolio of wines produced in some of Italy’s finest regions.
The name Puglia is thought to be derived from the Latin 'a-pluvia' or lack of rain, and this fertile region along the Adriatic coast is the heartland of the Primitivo grape variety (claimed as the origin of California's Zinfandel variety). The Salento penninsula, with a hot maritime climate and cool night time breezes, produces concentrated red wines of relatively high alcohol and soft, rounded tannins.
|Delivery Type (No Minimum order)||Value up to £75||Over £75|
First Class Post 1-3 days with Royal Mail, delivering Monday to Saturday (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri)
UPS tracked 1-2 days Next Business Day, delivering Tuesday to Friday (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri, UK Mainland only)
UPS tracked Next Business Day Before 12pm (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri, UK Mainland only)
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Mondays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Sundays at the moment.
- All orders placed before 1pm will be dispatched the same day on your chosen service.
- Using our First Class Royal Mail service, we deliver to the whole of the UK including the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and all the UK Islands. Our expedited UPS service is only available throughout mainland UK. If you’re not sure if we can deliver to you, do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered, your order may be cancelled without refund.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page