Salice Salentino Riserva Il Tauro, Puglia, Italy 2015
Salice is a soft yet full-flavoured red from southern Puglia. It is perhaps the best-known appellation of the region for its inviting fruit character, blending local varieties Negroamaro and Malvasia Nera.
Its distinctive plum and chocolate character has an attractive underlying leather and mineral flavours. Full bodied and velvety in the mouth, chewy tannins and subtle bitterness create a long and lasting finish.
Minimum order, three bottles of wine or spirits; choose any three!
- Award Winning: No
- Bio: No
- Grape Varieties: Negroamaro, Malvasia Nera di Brindisi, Malvesia Neera di Lecce
- Size of Bottle: 750ml
The company was born as a retailer in 1928 in the Veneto region for sales of wines in casks and demi-johns to restaurants and small retailers. In the fifties the family expanded their horizons to selling wines across Central Europe and beyond. Throughout all this expansion, the Botter family retained control and the company is now run by the third generation and from their roots in Veneto they now have a portfolio of wines produced in some of Italy’s finest regions.
The name Puglia is thought to be derived from the Latin 'a-pluvia' or lack of rain, and this fertile region along the Adriatic coast is the heartland of the Primitivo grape variety (claimed as the origin of California's Zinfandel variety). The Salento penninsula, with a hot maritime climate and cool night time breezes, produces concentrated red wines of relatively high alcohol and soft, rounded tannins.
|Delivery Type (Min. order £40)||Value up to £85||Over £85|
|Standard Delivery (Tuesday to Friday)||£6.99||Free!|
|Standard Delivery before 12pm (Tuesday to Friday)||£11.95||£5.95|
|Saturday Delivery (all day)||£12.50||£8.95|
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Tuesdays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Mondays or Sundays at the moment.
- You can also choose a delivery date up to 8 weeks in advance.
- All our food parcels are dispatched on a next day service to ensure your food arrives in optimal condition.
- Currently we deliver to mainland UK including England, Scotland and Wales. Please note, we do not currently deliver to the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and all the UK Islands, as our courier is unable to offer a next day service to these destinations. If you’re not sure if we can deliver to you, do email us at email@example.com.
- For all orders which include food, DPD cannot arrange for redelivery of a package. If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered (or left at a suitable location), your order may be cancelled without refund.
DPD will contact you with tracking details and your delivery time slot, as well as giving you the opportunity to give additional delivery instructions, such as where to leave the parcel if you won't be in.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page
We’re no strangers to creating fabulous food! Although Noble House Prepared is a new exciting venture, delivering divine and super fresh restaurant quality food directly into the home, the team has been working in the fine food industry for over a decade.