West Country Roast Lamb and Red Wine Gravy
Our magnificent West Country Roast Lamb is marinated in a delicious mix of Garlic, Mint, Parsley, Rosemary and Olive Oil.
We have prepared two cuts perfect for either serving two people - the cushion of lamb - or for a larger gathering, the beautiful 2kg leg of lamb is the perfect centrepiece for a feast, serving 6-8 people. Both cuts are boneless.
This stunningly delicious Lamb is from the South West of England where the quality of lamb has been recognised with a PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) status. They are naturally-reared in the West Country for perfect flavour and tenderness, and only the very best Lambs are chosen.
The lamb is accompanied by our rich and delicious lamb and red wine gravy- the cushion of lamb is delivered with one 400g pot of the gravy, and the leg of lamb is delivered with two 400g pots of gravy.
Please note that the lamb pictured is the whole leg of lamb, weighing approximately 2kg. The cushion of lamb weighs approximately 450g, and is prepared in the same way with our special marinade, and is a similar shape to the leg.
This product contains no allergens in the Lamb. The Lamb Gravy, packaged separately, contains Sulphites, Wheat, Soy, Gluten, Barley.
As in all kitchens, we use a wide variety of ingredients; we cannot 100% guarantee that there are no traces of other allergens.
Fully defrost for 24-48 hours in the fridge prior to cooking. The lamb must be fully defrosted before cooking or additional cooking time may be required.
Cushion of Lamb, Oven cook only:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan oven).
- After fully defrosted, remove all packaging, place on an oven tray.
- Roast at 180°C for 35 minutes (or to about 50°C core temperature).
- Remove from the oven, cover with foil to rest for 20 minutes. During the time resting, the core temperature will increase to about 65-70°C due to the residual heat, which will give medium pink lamb.
- After 20 minutes pour the rested juices from the lamb into a pan with the lamb gravy, and bring the gravy to a boil.
- For medium, place the lamb back in the oven at 180°C for 2 more minutes, or for 10 more minutes for medium-well done, then carve, and serve with the lamb gravy.
- TIP: The total cooking and resting time for the lamb will be about 65 minutes for medium-well done (depending on the power of your oven), so your sides can be added to the oven during this time so that it is all ready at the same time.
Leg of Lamb, Oven cook only:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan oven).
- After fully defrosted, remove all packaging, place on an oven tray.
- Roast at 160°C for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cover with foil to rest for at least 25 minutes. Use this time to cook all your accompaniments for the meal.
- After 25 minutes (or 10 minutes before the end of cooking your side dishes), pour the rested juices from the lamb leg into a pan with the lamb gravy, and bring to a boil.
- Return the lamb leg to the oven for 10 minutes at 180°C before carving, and serve with the lamb gravy.
- TIP: If you have a thermometer, the core temperature of the leg should reach about 50-55°C before resting for medium to medium-well done. The residual heat continues to cook the lamb while resting.
Cooking times may vary depending on your appliance. Additional cooking time may be required depending on the power of your oven and if there are more dishes cooking in the oven at the same time.
The Lamb Gravy can be heated either in the microwave on on the hob, from frozen:
- MICROWAVE: Pierce the film and heat in the microwave (800W) at full power for 2 minutes or until the gravy boils.
- HOB: Decant gravy into a small or medium sized pan and cook on a medium hob/stove setting until the sauce begins to boil lightly, then reduce to a low heat and keep hot until ready to serve. Stir throughout.
- TIP: Add the juices from your rested lamb into the gravy for additional depth of flavour.
- Cooking times may vary: ensure the gravy is piping hot before serving.
Lamb (Cushion): West Country Boneless Cushion of Lamb (98%), Olive Oil, Garlic, Black Pepper, Salt, Mint, Rosemary, Parsley, Lemon Zest
Lamb (Leg of Lamb): West Country Boneless Leg of Lamb (98%), Olive Oil, Garlic, Black Pepper, Salt, Mint, Rosemary, Parsley, Lemon Zest
Lamb Gravy: Lamb Fond (Water, Lamb Bones, Onion, Carrot, Leek, Tomato Puree, Parsley, Garlic), Red Wine [Sulphites], Onions, Carrots, Gravy Granules [Wheat, Barley, Soybeans], Beef Fond (Water, Beef Bones, Onion, Carrot, Leek, Tomato Puree, Parsley, Garlic, Lovage), Cornflour, Bay Leaf
“Our PGI status lamb from the south west of England is recognised for its supreme quality; our butchers only select the top 8% of lambs and only buy whole carcasses, skilfully preparing our legs and cushions of lamb ready for us to roll and marinade in garlic rosemary, mint, parsley lemon zest and olive oil.
This really is the very finest lamb and the quality of the provenance shines through into the exceptional taste; we are so pleased to be bringing this to you to enjoy.”
|Roast Lamb||Per 100g|
|of which Saturates||3.5g|
|of which Sugars||0g|
|Lamb Gravy||Per 100g|
|of which Saturates||1.2g|
|of which Sugars||3.6g|
|Delivery Type (Min. order £40)||Value up to £85||Over £85|
|Standard Delivery (Tuesday to Friday)||£6.99||Free!|
|Standard Delivery before 12pm (Tuesday to Friday)||£11.95||£5.95|
|Saturday Delivery (all day)||£12.50||£8.95|
Christmas Delivery Dates 2021
The last day for delivery in December 2021 will be the 23rd of December and delivery slots will be limited. All the food is delivered frozen, so it can be delivered in the weeks leading up to Christmas and kept in the freezer till it’s time to cook (NB – the large cuts of Christmas meat will require defrosting before cooking).
The next available date for delivery after December will be the 6th of January 2022.
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Tuesdays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Mondays or Sundays at the moment.
- You can also choose a delivery date up to 8 weeks in advance.
- All our food parcels are dispatched on a next day service to ensure your food arrives in optimal condition.
- Currently we deliver to mainland UK including England, Scotland and Wales. Please note, we do not currently deliver to the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and all the UK Islands, as our courier is unable to offer a next day service to these destinations. If you’re not sure if we can deliver to you, do email us at email@example.com.
- For all orders which include food, DPD cannot arrange for redelivery of a package. If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered (or left at a suitable location), your order may be cancelled without refund.
DPD will contact you with tracking details and your delivery time slot, as well as giving you the opportunity to give additional delivery instructions, such as where to leave the parcel if you won't be in.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page
We’re no strangers to creating fabulous food! Although Noble House Prepared is a new exciting venture, delivering divine and super fresh restaurant quality food directly into the home, the team has been working in the fine food industry for over a decade.