Valserrano Crianza Rioja, Alavesa Bodegas de la Marquesa, DOC Rioja, Spain 2018
Valserrano is gaining a reputation amongst Rioja’s best, receiving high score from renowned wine critics. A well structured red with ripe black fruit flavours and hint of oak. Well balanced and good length.
The vineyards and winery are situated in Alava Villabuena, Rioja Alavesa. This family winery has been producing wine since 1880; they only use fruit only from their own vineyards and have rigorous standards in the cellars in order to create wines with elegance and pungency combined with the soft spicy allure that only well made Tempranillo can offer.
Received 91 Pts from Robert Parker's Wine Advocate & Tim Atkin. "Bodegas de la Marquesa is often described as a traditional producer, but its wines are not old-fashioned in the least. This smooth, floral, textured Crianza combines Tempranillo with 5% Mazuelo, aged in French and American wood, and has fresh red berry fruit and notes of forest floor and fresh tobacco." - 91 pts Tim Atken MW October 2019
- Award Winning: 90+ Points Wine
- Bio: Vegetarian and Vegan
- Grape Varieties: Tempranillo, Mazuelo
- Size of Bottle: 750ml
Valserrano is a long established family Bodega that lies in the best part of the region, on the limestone ridges of the Alavesa area in the Rioja Alta near Haro. It is based on the same principal as a good French Château which is to use fruit only from their own vineyards, set rigorous standards in the cellars and, following fermentation in stainless steel, they age the wine in oak part of which is renewed each year. The wines have elegance and pungency combined with the soft spicy allure that only well made Tempranillo can offer. They are very good indeed and have received really high score from renowned wine critics.
Valserrano estate lies on 65 hectares of vineyards that belong to the family. The domaine is planted with 80% of Tempranillo, the basis of any good Rioja wine and Mazuelo, Garnacha, Graciano and Viura. The family recently planted a vineyard with Maturana red and another with Chardonnay to see how these minority varieties perform in the Rioja Alavesa. Once fermented, their wine mature in underground natural cellars over 200 years old. All their cuvées have received great revue and usually receive over 90 points from world renown wine critics including Stephen Tanzer and Robert Parker. All their cuvée are under the Rioja DO.
|Delivery Type (No Minimum order)||Value up to £75||Over £75|
First Class Post 1-3 days with Royal Mail, delivering Monday to Saturday (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri)
UPS tracked 1-2 days Next Business Day, delivering Tuesday to Friday (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri, UK Mainland only)
UPS tracked Next Business Day Before 12pm (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri, UK Mainland only)
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Mondays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Sundays at the moment.
- All orders placed before 1pm will be dispatched the same day on your chosen service.
- Using our First Class Royal Mail service, we deliver to the whole of the UK including the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and all the UK Islands. Our expedited UPS service is only available throughout mainland UK. If you’re not sure if we can deliver to you, do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered, your order may be cancelled without refund.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page
You may also like
We’re no strangers to creating fabulous occasions! The Noble House Prepared team has been working in the fine food industry for over a decade.