Sweet, gloriously strong and dangerously tasty, the espresso martini is one of the best drinks you can have this summer. The best part about this cocktail is that it is super simple to make, it's a sweet and refreshing drink, perfect for a hot summer night. Here is the Noble House version of this classic, and for extra chill, you can even toss in a couple of crushed ice-cubes into the drink!
For the sugar syrup
• 100g golden caster sugar
For the cocktail
• 100ml Sapling Spirits vodka
• 50ml freshly brewed Noble House Santos espresso coffee
• 50ml coffee liqueur (we use Baileys Coffee Liqueur or Kahlua)
• 3 coffee beans fro garnish (optional)
• STEP 1 Start by making the sugar syrup. Put the caster sugar in a small pan over a medium heat and pour in 50ml water. Stir, and bring to the boil.
• STEP 2 Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool. Put 2 martini glasses in the fridge to chill.
• STEP 3 Once the sugar syrup is cold, pour 1 tbsp into a cocktail shaker along with a handful of ice, the Sapling Spirits vodka, Noble House Santos espresso and coffee liqueur. Shake until the outside of the cocktail shaker feels icy cold.
• STEP 4 Strain into the chilled glasses. Garnish each one with coffee beans.
Notes: depending on the strength and bitterness of the coffee, and how sweet you like your drinks, you might decide to leave out the sugar syrup from the cocktail, but, we have to admit, we have a rather sweet tooth!