Chocolate Aberffraw Shortbread Biscuits
The Chocolate Aberffraw Shortbread Biscuits are a delicious shortbread made with just good quality butter, flour, sugar and dark chocolate chips – making for a rich shortbread heavy with cocoa flavour.
Aberffraw biscuits are a fabulous Welsh shortbread pressed with the shape of a scallop shell and are said to be Britain’s oldest biscuit.
Legend has it that centuries ago a Welsh king was holding court in Aberffraw on Anglesey, North Wales. His wife was walking on the beach there and, seeing a pretty scallop shell, had a cake baked in its shape.
However, the true origin of the biscuit is the famous Christian pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela in Spain. It is though that in about the 13th Century Welsh pilgrims began pressing shortbread with scallop shells as a symbol of the journey. We hope you enjoy this taste of history.
Shepherd's Biscuits was founded by husband and wife James and Natasha Shepherd in 2013. The couple heard about the story of Britain’s oldest biscuit… and decided to bring it back! Since then, the company has won numerous awards for quality and innovation and their North Wales bakery holds SALSA accreditation. The company’s ethos is to produce handmade biscuits of the highest quality while being mindful to minimise the impact on the environment and improve the local community.
CONTAINS Gluten (wheat flour), Milk (butter), Soya (chocolate).
WHEAT flour (wheat flour, calcium carbonate, iron, niacin, thiamin), salted butter (MILK), sugar, dark chocolate ((10%) cocoa mass, sugar, dextrose, emulsifier: SOYA lecithin), cocoa powder.
|of which Saturates||17g|
|of which Sugars||20.9g|
|Delivery Type (No Minimum order)||Value up to £24.99||£25 and over||£50 and over|
First Class Post 1-3 days with Royal Mail, delivering Monday to Saturday (order before 2pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri)
UPS tracked 1-2 days Next Business Day, delivering Tuesday to Friday (order before 2pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri, UK Mainland only)
UPS tracked Next Business Day Before 12pm (order before 2pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri, UK Mainland only)
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Mondays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Sundays currently.
- All orders placed before 2pm will be dispatched the same day on your chosen service.
- Using our First Class Royal Mail service, we deliver to the whole of the UK including the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and all the UK Islands. Our expedited UPS service is only available throughout mainland UK. If you’re not sure if we can deliver to you, do email us at email@example.com.
- If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered, your order may be cancelled without refund.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page