Twisting Spirits Douglas Fir Gin 70cl
Gratifyingly resinous, smooth & mysteriously complex. Award winning Dry Gin, cold distilled with hand foraged Douglas Fir for extra intrigue. Nature’s exquisite forest bouquet, bottled.
The Douglas-Fir needles used in the Twisting Spirits Douglas-Fir Distilled Gin are personally hand foraged by the distiller in and around the South Oxfordshire area from a secret selection of trees.
Serve with a natural tonic with a slice of red grapefruit as garnish. Or choose a grapefruit flavoured tonic such as Franklin & Sons Pink Grapefruit and Bergamot to really highlight the notes of this complex gin.
“A clear gin with pleasing viscosity and an immediately appealing nose, intensely aromatic of herbs: lavender, rosemary perhaps and yes, fir needles. Coriander follows on with a lower noted presence. Wonderfully oily on the palate, great mouth-filling presence, releasing a zesty citrus presence. The flavour journey is delighting us.” – Great Taste Awards 2019 judges comments.
Minimum order, three bottles of wine or spirits; choose any three!
Notes from the producer:
"We became curious about the use Douglas-Fir as a botanical after seeing various food programs promoting its use and unique taste. The concept seemed a bit strange at first, using a tree to make gin, but actually it does make sense. After all Juniper is from a ‘berry’ from a tree and that forms the basis of all gins.
So the next challenge we faced was where to actually source Douglas-Fir and in what form? This is not a native tree to the UK, instead it was introduced in 1827 by botanist David Douglas (hence the name). That being the case, these trees are rare and have to have been planted rather than wild seeded. After a lot or searching we were lucky enough to find a selection of trees, plus obtain permission to forage from the landowner.
To produce our Douglas-Fir Distilled Gin we hand forage these Douglas-Fir needles from a selection of trees. Then we portion up a quantity from each tree to form a recipe within a recipe. These needles are then cold distilled at a very precise temperate and vacuum to extract their fresh flavours. This is the best way to add those amazing forest notes into gin because both hot distilling an infusing produce a bitter tanic taste, with the latter also adding a cloudy green hue which could be considered off putting. Our Douglas-Fir Distilled gin is completely clear with a wonderful fresh nose reminiscent of walking through a forest in autumn."
|Delivery Type (Min. order £40)||Value up to £85||Over £85|
|Standard Delivery (Tuesday to Friday)||£6.99||Free!|
|Standard Delivery before 12pm (Tuesday to Friday)||£11.95||£5.95|
|Saturday Delivery (all day)||£12.50||£8.95|
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Tuesdays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Mondays or Sundays at the moment.
- You can also choose a delivery date up to 8 weeks in advance.
- All our food parcels are dispatched on a next day service to ensure your food arrives in optimal condition.
- Currently we deliver to mainland UK including England, Scotland and Wales. Please note, we do not currently deliver to the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and all the UK Islands, as our courier is unable to offer a next day service to these destinations. If you’re not sure if we can deliver to you, do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For all orders which include food, DPD cannot arrange for redelivery of a package. If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered (or left at a suitable location), your order may be cancelled without refund.
DPD will contact you with tracking details and your delivery time slot, as well as giving you the opportunity to give additional delivery instructions, such as where to leave the parcel if you won't be in.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page
We’re no strangers to creating fabulous food! Although Noble House Prepared is a new exciting venture, delivering divine and super fresh restaurant quality food directly into the home, the team has been working in the fine food industry for over a decade.