Vauban Frères, Brut Special Cuvée NV
This is our house champagne, and we absolutely love it! A blend of Grand Cru Chardonnay, Premier Cru Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier. Straw colour with fine bubbles and light sparkling mousse. A fruity nose with a fresh, light, lively and balanced palate, with a long lasting flavour.
The founder, Armand-Raphaël Graser, left his native Alsace in 1915 and settled in the town of Damery, in an 18th century building which is still the company headquarters today. The house name is derived from the following; A.R. being for Armand-Raphael, and 'Lenoble' being a tribute to the nobility of Champagne wines. Today the house is owned by the founder's great granddaughter, Anne Malassagne and her brother Antoine.
- Award Winning: No
- Bio: Organic
- Grape Varieties: Pinot Meunier, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay
- Size of Bottle: 750ml
Dry, Medium Bodied
AR Lenoble was founded nearly 100 years ago in 1920. Still family owned by sister-and-brother team Anne and Antoine Malassagne, the great-grandchildren of founder Armand-Raphaël Graser. AR Lenoble owns 18 hectares in three prime locations in Champagne. Chouilly, Bisseuil and Damery. 100% of the Chardonnay used to craft their wines comes from the Grand Cru village of Chouilly while 100% of the Pinot Noir comes from the Premier Cru village of Bisseuil. Pinot Meunier comes from the village of Damery.
The vineyards of Champagne are planted in three distinct areas south of the city of Reims. The 'Montagne de Reims' is predominately planted with Pinot Noir, the backbone to the Champagne blend, whilst Chardonnay is ideally suited to the chalky slopes of the 'Cote des Blancs' south of the town of Epernay. Pinot Meunier dominates the 'Vallee de la Marne', an area susceptible to frosts, which it is more able to withstand, due to later budding. The secret of Champagne is in the blend, where wines from different grape varieties and vineyards are blended to achieve the 'house style'.
|Delivery Type (No Minimum order)||Value up to £75||Over £75|
First Class Post 1-3 days with Royal Mail, delivering Monday to Saturday (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri)
UPS tracked 1-2 days Next Business Day, delivering Tuesday to Friday (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri, UK Mainland only)
UPS tracked Next Business Day Before 12pm (order before 1pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri, UK Mainland only)
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Mondays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Sundays at the moment.
- All orders placed before 1pm will be dispatched the same day on your chosen service.
- Using our First Class Royal Mail service, we deliver to the whole of the UK including the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and all the UK Islands. Our expedited UPS service is only available throughout mainland UK. If you’re not sure if we can deliver to you, do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered, your order may be cancelled without refund.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page