Vinho de Talha Bojador Branco Espaço Rural, Alentejo, Portugal
A wonderfully delicious example of natural orange wine. Made with Perrum, Roupeiro, Rabo de Ovelha and Manteudo. As a ‘natural’ wine, it is bottled unfiltered, with no temperature control, no additions or correction to the juice or the wine, and no stabilisation or addition of sulphites (potentially resulting in some harmless sediment in the bottle). Aromas of honey and marmalade, alongside earthy and mineral notes. Full bodied with a creamy palate and a fresh finish.
Pedro Ribeiro and his wife Catarina Vieira moved to Vidigueira, an area which benefits from an excellent micro-climate, to produce wines that are true to the historical traditions of Alentejo. Their wines are fermented in impermeable clay pots called Talha, where both wine and skin remain in contact for a much longer period then sealed by olive oil to prevent oxidisation. This process gives the wine it's distinctive orange colour.
"Dusty, herbal, scented. Grapefruit pith, finally aromatic. Cedary, woody flavour with pear on the finish. That cedar is (for me) a bit of Vidigueira character rather than a varietal one, perhaps related to the cooler local climate and the granite soils here. Long, stoney, dry, refined. Great tension and intensity from start to finish, even with such low alcohol. 17/20 points" -Julia Harding MW, Jancisrobinson.com April 2022
- Award Winning: Yes: 90+ points score
- Bio: Natural, No Sulphites
- Grape Varieties: Roupeiro, Perrum, Rabo de Ovelha, Manteudo
- Size of Bottle: 750ml
|Delivery Type (No Minimum order)||Value up to £24.99||£25 and over||£50 and over|
First Class Post 1-3 days with Royal Mail, delivering Monday to Saturday (order before 2pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri)
UPS tracked 1-2 days Next Business Day, delivering Tuesday to Friday (order before 2pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri, UK Mainland only)
UPS tracked Next Business Day Before 12pm (order before 2pm for same day dispatch Mon-Fri, UK Mainland only)
- At checkout you will be able to select the next available delivery days.
- Deliveries are made on Mondays through to Saturdays.
- No deliveries on Sundays currently.
- All orders placed before 2pm will be dispatched the same day on your chosen service.
- Using our First Class Royal Mail service, we deliver to the whole of the UK including the Scottish Highlands, Northern Ireland and all the UK Islands. Our expedited UPS service is only available throughout mainland UK. If you’re not sure if we can deliver to you, do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you provide incorrect or inadequate address/contact details and the package cannot be delivered, your order may be cancelled without refund.
For further delivery info please see our Delivery Information page
You may also like
We’re no strangers to creating fabulous occasions! The Noble House Prepared team has been working in the fine food industry for over a decade.